CMAQ model version 5.3.1 is a minor update to CMAQv5.3 that includes multiple bug fixes to both CMAQ and MCIP (released as MCIP version 5.1), as well as a feature addition to the Detailed Emission Scaling Isolation and Diagnostic (DESID) module to allow for the definition of chemical, region and stream families.
CMAQv5.3.1 Release Notes
FAQ for upgrading to the latest CMAQ version - NEW with v5.3.1 release!
- A more detailed representation of the characteristics of PM
- Expanded chemistry for ozone and PM formation from global-to-local scales
- More complex land and atmosphere interactions to support both air quality and ecosystems applications
- New emissions interface provides simplified emissions scaling and mapping
- Increased emphasis on pollutants originating outside the U.S.
- Enhanced scientific complexity with faster run times
- Integrated Source Apportionment Method (CMAQ-ISAM) and Sulfur Tracking Method (CMAQ-STM) are fully integrated in the model release
- Improved computational efficiency and simplified interface of CMAQ-ISAM
- Code for coupling the WRF meteorology model with CMAQ for online meteorology-chemistry air quality simulations
- New versions of CMAQ Support Tools including MCIPv5.0, AMETv1.4, VERDIv2.0, FEST-Cv1.4
- Fully revised documentation to better reflect CMAQ's current structure and capabilities
- Model-ready inputs for an annual continental US 2016 simulation available to download